Monday, June 25, 2012

Artist Series: Alexander Newman


Photo Courtesy of Alexander Newman






























I am posting this announcement a little early (out of pure excitement) - during my undergraduate career as an art historian at Miami University I had the pleasure of becoming acquainted with several art studio students - one of them being Alexander Newman (photography focus).

During the Art Open House in Spring 2011, I happened across a self-portrait (NOT shown here) taken by Alex, and it shook me - in the best of ways.  Working mostly in black & white, Alex recognizes the essence of everything he captures - especially himself.

I don't want to speak too soon, or say too much before our interview! Check out his great website in the mean time!

No comments:

Post a Comment